So That Happened

Catalina Classic, 2015

Brutal.  Still putting it all together and sorting through the pictures, video, and updates from the paddlers; but, from my front row seat it was ugly.  Of the race, one paddler wrote that 90% of his mind was telling the other 10% to stop, and that his body simply refused to respond to input.  I witnessed heartbreaking withdrawals and some inspired paddling in tough conditions–congratulations to everyone that finished the race.  More to come soon…

Caldwell Classic 2015_2

Thurmond, Caldwell, Urkov

Caldwell Classic 2015_1

This…pretty much the entire race.

1 thought on “So That Happened

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s